Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Ethan takes the stage....

Today Ethan's school had a Christmas concert. It was held at a nearby high school, so the little kids took the BIG stage.

A while back his teacher and I had a conversation about this day. We had the talk because Ethan loves music class (He comes home every Wed. telling me what his teacher did), but he NEVER participates. So we knew the day could hold some challenges.

This morning I handed him over to one of his teachers and he willingly....well hestitantly left me. This is actually a big step, so I was pleased. He was the last one to come out on stage. He wasn't happy. He didn't sing. But he stayed on the stage the whole time. Here's what it looked like.




I guess you have to start somewhere. We were proud that he made it!


Now...I only wish I had a camera for something that happened later in the day. We were in a store doing a "quick" errand. Ethan began to sing "Jingle Bells", one of the songs they did this morning. He sang and sang. Even after I tried to hush him, his song continued. People in the check out line were grinning. He was quite a sight and sound. Not a note of bashfulness at this point in time.

So maybe ONE day, he'll take the stage and we'll see him as we really know him!

No comments: