Saturday, December 8, 2007

Ethan's learning about Christmas


Christmas sure must be something special! Mommy keeps talking about Christmas, and boy life
hasn't been the same since she has. After Thanksgiving Mommy decorated the house. There were new things to look at everywhere. I really like red and green, so that was fine with me. Mommy keeps talking about getting a tree. I thought trees were those things outside, so I'm not sure what she's talking about. She gets crazy ideas sometimes. All the shiny lights she put up were a good idea though!

The house really smells good, too. I don't like that when it smells so good, Mommy wants me to play in my saucer or entertain myself. She says she's baking cookies. She's been doing a lot of that. I don't see what the big deal is there, because I'm not eating that yet.

I like the music at this time of year. There are a lot of new songs to listen to. I don't have a favorite yet, but I' m working on choosing one.

Mommy made me this silly hat that she wants me to wear when we go outside. I guess it's not too bad if people smile and make happy faces at me, but I'm afraid about what her next idea might be!

Mommy has also been busy shopping and using crinkly paper to hide all the gifts. If it's like peek-a-boo, I think I may like this game! She keeps talking about a special gift- a specia baby, but it's not me, it's Jesus. I like looking at his picture in books and hearing stories. She says that he's the reason why we have Christmas and that God loves me so much that he sent Jesus as a gift for me.

I'm still trying to figure out all this Christmas stuff. I'll keep you posted on what I learn!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: