Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Garden Treasures

Even though company has left us, we've still been busy around here. I'm thinking it has to do with me not liking to say no. All summer I wanted to get together with the girls from my Sunday School class. That finally happened. We had a tea party here at the house one evening, complete with decorations of flowers, candles, and tea cups. The back deck looked so pretty. The girls all dressed up and everyone seemed to have a good time. They spent the night and made some really cute stuffed creatures using t-shirts with the help of another leader in the youth group. We had the privilege of some extra time with one of the young ladies so Ethan was especially happy with our company.

Although it's been hot the past few days, I've made some time to work in the garden, too. I love that it's still going strong. Although I need to work on some issues so we have more lettuce all summer! Here's a peek at some our treasures. Sorry, no pictures of the Little Man this week.

It's small, but it's been fun to see our two pumpkins turning orange.

I've enjoyed having some flowers thrown into the mix of the vegetables. There's something bright out there besides just green!

The tomatoes are REALLY nice this year. Last year that was NOT the case. I already made a little salsa. Maybe I'll try my hand at some sauce. Or just do a lot of sharing!

No picture's of the little man, but this is one of the sunflowers I had hoped he would plant in the spring. I think I ended up planting them, but he's enjoying seeing them get taller and taller.

No comments: