Saturday, September 11, 2010

Labor Day Hike

I'm taking a moment to catch up on downloading pictures, which means I have a few to share from our hike on Labor Day. This hike was only for Todd and I. Although Ethan is a good hiker, we left him behind to have his own fun with friends while Todd and I headed for a more challenging trail. We'd already hike Tumbledown Mountain once before, but this time we took the trail that was shorter and steeper. It wasn't too bad until near the top. I had one moment when I wondered what we were thinking. Funny, but that wasn't at the point that you had to duck under a huge boulder, crawl in a hole and then use some iron bars to pull yourself up between some big rocks and up to the top. (Didn't get a picture of that...but Todd did so maybe at some point I'll add it in.) It really is a beautiful place. It was good to walk and talk and enjoy the day. We were quite tuckered out when we got home though. (Never was sooo excited to see our car after the long hike down and walk UP a dirt road.)

Here's the view from the top though.





Pretty incredible, isn' it? Oh...and as for the name...yes when you're hiking sometimes rocks do tumble down the mountain. Sure glad it wasn't us!

No comments: