Letters all around us!
I'll post another time about Ethan's adventures with Mommy during his school time. I'm hoping to get some pictures at some point, but getting into the routine and taking pictures just didn't seem to work. For those of you wondering about school time, let me briefly share that the teacher in me just couldn't sit by and play with trains and trucks all day. We had to play school a little! So, I've created a "curriculum" for Ethan that explores Bible stories, letters, numbers, and other readiness skills. The point isn't to push him, but to expose him to things and have fun along the way. One major ongoing goal is that he learns how to go about learning and work with a teacher! We started school Sept 6th and each week we focus on a letter. It's amazing to me to already see the things he's grasping. He's fascinated with letters. As we walk up the street and pass a few for sale signs and advertisements, he's pointing out the letters. Yesterday he was eating an icy pop and suddenly he said, "Mom, look, H! And he sucked the juice up the sleeve making a h. TOO funny. He's far from perfect, so we have a few good laughs along the way! I'll try and add a video later!
No comments:
Post a Comment