Friday, September 17, 2010

Tricky Mommy

You all know how particular Ethan is. He likes things JUST so. And that includes clothes. For Ethan's birthday Mimi gave him this adorable tiger shirt. It was just TOO cute.
But for some reason Ethan didn't like it. He never wanted to wear it. It was almost always an option this summer. "Ethan, what do you want to wear today? Do you want to wear your guitar shirt?" "No," Ethan says. "How about your alligator shirt?" "No," again. "I know...I know...your tiger shirt." "NO!"

Well, the other day his new beloved shirt, a "football jersey" type shirt was in the wash. Ethan wasn't thrilled about his choices, including the tiger shirt. His Daddy tried to suggest that the tiger shirt could be a football shirt, but he wasn't convinced. "Where are the numbers?" he asked. Hmm...would that do the trick I wondered?

So....today I tried my skills at sewing some numbers on the shirt. I wasn't TOO worried about ruining it, since he didn't want to wear it already. When I was done, I thought it looked okay. But would he want to wear it...that was the real question.

Take a look-


Tah-Dah! The never been worn tiger shirt has been on the boy's body without ANY tears! I think it did the trick!

No comments: