Friday, July 30, 2010

Girl's Camp 2010

No pictures for this post, sorry. We had a great time at girl's camp. What a treat to be able to serve as a cabin leader this year. I filled that position the year before Ethan was born and loved almost every minute of it. It's an intense time with girls always around and little sleep, but it's amazing the connections you can make. In the years since Ethan has been born, I've been at camp, but always for a time during the day and then it was home to my boys. It was a switch to be there all week, but I was really grateful for the time. During pre-camp I had some alone time which was really needed. Even during camp it was a nice change of pace to work with thirteen 6-7th graders instead of 1 three year old. It was different this year than that first year, but I am trusting God was able to work through me in some way. I know He was speaking to my heart and preparing me for what He wants to do in my life.

Ethan, Daddy, and Mimi did well while I was away. In fact, Ethan choose to start wearing big boy pants the day before I left. We had many changes of pants that day and also for a few other days, but he's doing great now. Poor Mimi got saddled with that extra duty!

Although the time away was nice, homecoming was great, too. There were tears and laughter when we got all together again. My little boy sure had grown it seemed! One of the things I really appreciated at camp was several "messages" from girls and staffers that reminded me that being at home is a great place to be and the place God definitely wants me for now. So here I am back with my boys and enjoying the rest of this crazy summer!

No comments: